Are you ready to work for a team that is accelerating the shift to clean energy by creating solar systems, services, and solutions based on core values for the past 20 years?
About the Business
At Third Sun Solar, we are here to serve by creating business as a force for good and making the planet a better place. Our teams are serving our customers, each other, the community, and stakeholders, which ultimately shows in the genuine pride our team takes in delivering the very best solar solutions.
We are reliable. Our team is filled with dependable, honest, and reliable people. We keep our promises and strive to do it right the first time.
Our team is driven. We are passionate about solar, and that shows in every project that the Third Sun Solar team completes. The team does what it take to ensure the finest system and the best customer experience, and we take pride in our dedication in doing things right.
Third Sun Solar values growth. We have been in business for twenty years and we have a bright future ahead. Our hunger for knowledge and continuous improvement keeps us at the top of our ever-evolving industry. Our staff are on the pulse of cutting-edge solar advancements. We strive for greatness and are not satisfied with the status quo.
Not only do we operate our team with a clear mission and values, we are a certified B Corporation. That means we operate with a triple bottom line commitment to people (our employees and their families, our clients and residents of the communities where we do business), the planet (we appreciate the wonders of nature and believe that a habitable plant is worth fighting for), and profit (generating capital to keep increasing our impact and revenue to share among our team and partners).
We are a talented team of electricians, crew, project managers, engineers, finance, supply chain, permitting, and veteran community members, who are all excited about crafting beautiful solar systems to enable our communities to power their lives with clean energy.
Third Sun Solar is committed to providing our staff with competitive wages, health care benefits, travel expenses, paid holidays, vacation, and a caring, flexible, vision and value-oriented work environment.
Are you interested in joining an established team? We are hiring Crew Lead Solar Installation Technicians for our Athens Ohio office.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Crew Lead Solar Installation Technician is a member of our Operations Team. They are primarily responsible for the leading of the installation crew and the installation and service of components of a Solar PV system in a residential or commercial setting. Travel is required within Ohio and surrounding states.
- Leads the installation crew to build solar electrical systems for commercial and residences
- Installs and provides service to solar electrical system
- Required to manage the time of your crew and your time to ensure that you have safely and correctly complete your work
- Communicate with all members of the team and ensure that you are exhibiting all company values
- Must always be 100% safety requirements during your work
- Maintains a clean vehicle, and a safe and clean work environment
- Train new and current installers on best practices and how to install a solar electrical system
- High School Diploma required
- At least 1 year of proven experience in a leader/supervisory role of a construction team
- At least two years construction experience preferred
- Understand basic concepts of construction and renewable energy
- Basic computer proficiency, including the use of applications on a cell phone
- Must be willing and have the ability for 2 to 4 nights of weekly overnight travel
- Must have the ability to qualify for a drug and alcohol-free work-place policy
- Must be punctual and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to climb ladders, lift up to +50lbs repetitively, work on sloped roofs in all weather conditions
- Hold or have the ability to obtain an OSHA 30 card
- Athens, Ohio
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- IRA Retirement Account
If you’re interested in learning more about working with us, please send us your resume and include a cover letter letting us know what you are great at and why we would be better with you on our team: Careers@ThirdSunSolar.com
Third Sun Solar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.