Do you live in the Greater Cincinnati area and have a passion for the environment?
Do you wish to make a difference in the world while also joining one of the fastest growing industries in the country?
Do you have sales and/or business experience and love communicating with people?
Are you a driven and well-organized overachiever ready to turn your talents toward our planet’s future?
If so, then you may be the type of person we are looking for. Only the best of the best will have the opportunity to join our team. If this is you, please see the position details below.
Third Sun Solar is Ohio’s oldest and most experienced full-service solar company. We have spent the past 20 years installing over 1000 solar systems throughout Ohio and the surrounding states, and have built an exceptional reputation for expert design, installation and customer service as we help people go solar.
We are a mission driven company and also a certified B-Corp, which means we walk our talk when it comes to our values as a business committed not just to sustainable profitability and growth, but to serving people and the planet as well.
Our mission is to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Our team works hard toward this goal every day at a company built on a strong foundation made up of the following core values:
- We are here to Serve
- We are Reliable
- We are Driven
- We value Growth
- Deadline to apply – September 30, 2019
- Training for the positions will begin November 15, 2019
- To apply, please submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
- You may skip non-required fields on application if you are uploading a resume
- We apologize in advance- you will only hear from us if invited to interview
- NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Residential Solar Consultant
Third Sun Solar’s Residential Solar Consultants strive to exceed customer expectations and build strong relationships with homeowners in a no pressure, consultative process. They actively identify and pursue their own leads in addition to receiving leads from the company. They evaluate customer needs and goals, address customer’s questions and concerns, and then develop solar PV solutions that are optimized for each customer using an automated design and proposal tool. Residential Solar Consultants will spend much of their time traveling to and visiting with prospective customers at their homes. Residential Solar Consultants are the primary external representatives of Third Sun Solar and are expected to convey a sense of expertise in services and capabilities offered. This position requires tact, adaptability, confidence, and a high degree of customer service and professionalism.
- Sales of residential solar electric and backup power systems.
- Full life cycle business development, from lead generation to referral networking.
- Clear understanding of sales cycle, contract agreements and ability to explain and review agreements to close customers at homes.
- Prospecting for, and qualifying self-generated leads.
- Conduct preliminary satellite map site evaluations to develop initial system designs using industry specific design tools.
- Utilizing Third Sun Solar/industry tools to generating project proposals/quotes for customers.
- Utilizing Third Sun Solar/industry tools to analyze customer’s current and projected electrical usage and calculate financial return on investment and economic payback.
- Maintaining prospects/projects in Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Resident of greater Cincinnati
- 2 years minimum of consumer sales experience (preferably in-home)
- Strong track record of full cycle business development
- Hunter mentality with the ability to excel at self-generating leads and winning new business
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed monthly sales targets
- Strong track record of achievement as evidenced by sales awards, beating quota, building a new book of business or growing a market, etc.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel CRM experience
- Four-year college degree (preferred)
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Valid driver’s license/clean driving record
- Public speaking and presentations skills
- Minor travel requirements for events, training and customer home visits
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends for staffing industry events.
Compensation and Benefits:
- 100% commission including a 90-day onboarding stipend. (bi-weekly)
- Company hybrid car
- Medical, dental and vision coverage after introductory period
- IRA with company match after first quarter of employment
- Strong company culture
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Substantial discounts for employee purchased solar system
- Expert technical and product training with the region’s leading solar electric provider.
- Solar training certification reimbursement and
- Annual branded company clothing
- Career growth path opportunities.
- Work/life balance