Are you ready to work for a team that is accelerating the shift to clean energy by creating solar systems, services, and solutions based on core values for the past 20 years?
About the Business
At Third Sun Solar, we are here to serve by creating business as a force for good and making the planet a better place. Our teams are serving our customers, each other, the community, and stakeholders, which ultimately shows in the genuine pride our team takes in delivering the very best solar solutions.
We are reliable. Our team is filled with dependable, honest, and reliable people. We keep our promises and strive to do it right the first time.
Our team is driven. We are passionate about solar, and that shows in every project that the Third Sun Solar team completes. The team does what it take to ensure the finest system and the best customer experience, and we take pride in our dedication in doing things right.
Third Sun Solar values growth. We have been in business for twenty years and we have a bright future ahead. Our hunger for knowledge and continuous improvement keeps us at the top of our ever-evolving industry. Our staff are on the pulse of cutting-edge solar advancements. We strive for greatness and are not satisfied with the status quo.
Not only do we operate our team with a clear mission and values, we are a certified B Corporation. That means we operate with a triple bottom line commitment to people (our employees and their families, our clients and residents of the communities where we do business), the planet (we appreciate the wonders of nature and believe that a habitable plant is worth fighting for), and profit (generating capital to keep increasing our impact and revenue to share among our team and partners).
We are a talented team of electricians, crew, project managers, engineers, finance, supply chain, permitting, and veteran community members, who are all excited about crafting beautiful solar systems to enable our communities to power their lives with clean energy.
Third Sun Solar is committed to providing our staff with competitive wages, health care benefits, travel expenses, paid holidays, vacation, and a caring, flexible, vision and value-oriented work environment.
Are you interested in joining an established team? We are hiring a Solar Design & Engineering Assistant for our Athens, Ohio office.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Solar Design & Engineering Assistant is a member of the Operations Team. This position will be directed by the Design and Engineering Manager. All work will be completed in accordance with Third Sun Solar internal standards and practices, industry best practices, and required codes/standards.
- Prepares project plan sets and renderings for permitting and construction
- Applies solar design principals, National Electric Code requirements, structural load analysis, and financial analysis daily
- Prepares performance models based on system designs
- Provides support to the operations team, growth team, and third parties during system design, review, utility interconnection review, and other code or permitting support
- Provides estimated costs of construction for solar projects based on bid/RFP requirements or internally prepared scopes of work. Maintains historic database and library of subcontractor quotes, supplier pricing, and Third Sun Solar labor production factors
- Assists in developing, maintaining, and refining tools to perform Design and Engineering Team processes
- Experience using CAD or other drafting programs
- Knowledge and experience with the National Electric Code
- NABCEP Installation Professional preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of building codes and good construction practices
- Mathematical ability to apply calculations of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and trigonometry
- Experience in contracting or construction management preferred
- Be able to work in a flexible, “roll up your sleeves” and dynamic work environment
- Computer Skills: Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Suite and experience using Project Management Software that includes the usage of Gantt charts, and Auto Cad
- Knowledge and experience designing and installing solar/PV systems preferred
- Must be process oriented and have the ability to work with a customer centered design approach
- Will be creative, both in design and form/function, but also in problem solving and collaboration
- Has the ability to provide internal and external customer service in accordance with the culture and values of the company
- Must be customer service oriented and committed to delivering the highest level of customer service possible
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks is required
- Must have the ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and advanced reasoning abilities to problems and data and leadership
- Athens, Ohio
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- IRA Retirement Account
If you’re interested in learning more about working with us, please send us your resume and include a cover letter letting us know what you are great at and why we would be better with you on our team: Careers@ThirdSunSolar.com
Third Sun Solar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.